Monday, June 16, 2008

Moved in and back online...sort of

Sort of on both counts. We're moved in, but we've still got alot of full boxes in every room. I've got internet service, but it's extremely emotional...for reasons unknown to me, sometimes I can get online and sometimes I can't. Before we moved Verizon was my provider and I never had a problem with them. Where we live now Suddenlink is the only provider. I used to work for the city, who also has Suddenlink, and it wasn't unusual to hear someone in the office sing, "Suddenly we're disconnected." (sung to the tune of the Suddenlink jingle)
So far I like living here. It's very quiet here compared to where we moved from. Most of the neighbors here are very friendly, (we didn't know most of our old neighbors even though we lived there for almost a quarter of a century), they're almost too friendly for us as we tend to be very private people. On the other hand, Youngest Child is in Kid Heaven-there's a pool here that she can ride her bike to. There are many kids here to play with, even some that attend the same private school as she.
Spanish Camp was fun, I think that I enjoyed it more than the kids did. Now that it's over I really have to get serious about unpacking. My goal is to have it all unpacked within the next 7 days. We'll see...

1 comment:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

We've had Suddenlink for years and never had a problem with the internet - only the DVR. Eh, it's always something!