Thursday, June 5, 2008

What a day...

Again I say, what a day! We spent most of today sorting through and packing up 23 years worth of stuff. The paper stuff was the worst of it, we had to read through all of it, ALL 23 YEARS WORTH, searching for stuff with our socials or bank account numbers on it. At first we shredded that stuff, but then our shredder got bogged down from the sheer hugeness of the task. So then Better Half decided to start a small bon fire in our grill, giving the shredder a break.
We set out a ton of stuff for special pick up tomorrow, but as soon as the sun began to set, here came the trash pickers. All but 2 items have magically disappeared from the curb. Actually I'm glad that people took it, better them than the trash men. At least now it won't end up in a dump.
Youngest child made the strangest comment tonight, we were talking about love and she said, "Well I know that you and Daddy hardly even love each other." That made me sad. I asked her why she thought that, she said it was because we argued so much. This move has been very stressful and the source of many arguments, *sigh*
The good news is that we moved 2 carloads (Van and SUV loads!) to the new house, and threw out tons of junk. I need to go to bed so that I can get up and do it all over again tomorrow. We plan to spend our first night at the new house Saturday. Then all next week I'm helping w/Spanish Camp at youngest child's school. But the weekend after Spanish Camp, that's the weekend that I'm planning to keep a steady alcohol buzz ALL weekend-it's the thought of THAT weekend that's getting me through THIS weekend :)

1 comment:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Hootch. Great motivation.