Sunday, July 27, 2008

I must quit living in denial.

My family went to Mass w/o me this morning because I feel pretty lousy...I feel lousy because my fasting BG is 210. If that wasn't bad enough, my asthma is making it very hard for me to breathe recently. These 2 chronic illnesses are like vicious circles, and most of the time I just choose not to think about them. Unfortunately, it's that choice that leads me to days like today-sick and gasping for air.

I can no longer pretend that I don't have an illness. I can no longer pretend that I can eat whatever I want to. I can no longer ignore the fact that I need to lose alot of weight, and I have to accept that it's going to be a very difficult challenge. My only other option is to accept that I'm going to die alot sooner than I'd wanted to, alot sooner than Youngest Child would want me to. I don't want to do that to her, or to the rest of my family. Nor to me! So that means that the denial has got to go, and that the hard work must begin! Starting today!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Hi. Thanks for your suggestion to me about the watermellon for my water intake problem. I'll give it a try!

Good luck on your diet. I am starting one too, combined with exercise which I hate, lol! Drinking more water would be helpful if I could keep it down. Maybe we should start a support blog :)

My Exciting Life said...

I need to exercise, too, and I really hate it also, lol! We really should start a support blog-how would we go about doing that?

Some evenings I walk, but I really need to walk every evening. In fact I think I'd be more motivated if I'd walk every morning before it got hot and muggy outside. I'll let you know if that change is more motivating :)