Friday, March 20, 2009

Short (and Weepy) Trip

Tomorrow at 4:00 AM we're leaving for NC, hoping to arrive by noon. By "we" I mean Second to the Youngest Child, Youngest Child, and myself. Only Son has already given up his apartment so we'll be staying on base in the noncom officers barracks...that ought to be interesting.



Once we arrive and check in on base, we really don't have alot of time to do much. We tried to plan a low key, no stress day of things that Only Son wanted to do. First he wants to go somewhere and have coffee, then to the ex wife's to see his children. There is a seafood place where they catch their own seafood that he wants to have dinner at, then he wants to spend the evening on the beach-Youngest Child is thrilled about that!



We have to get back to the barracks room fairly early because his plane takes off at 5:00 AM and he has to be there an hour before take off, we have to be completely ready to go then too because we're not authorized to be on base w/o him. So I'm thinking we'll be getting up 15 minutes after we go to bed.



Not only will we be tired but I'm sure this is going to be an emotionally draining weekend. I'm going to try not to go all mom on him, but I probably will right before he boards the plane, especially if I'm sleep deprived. I know that I'm going to be worried about his safety the entire time that he's gone. I can't help it, it's what moms do.

1 comment:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

OK - get back to it! :-)