Friday, March 13, 2009

Some Weeks You Just Hug Your Surf Board and Ride The Insanity Wave

And this has been one of those weeks. Put simply, there just hasn't been enough of me to go around.

At the end of this week, Thursday, was Youngest Child's birthday, today is Second to the Youngest Child's birthday. Tonight is Fish Fry night at Youngest Child's school, after which we have to go shopping to finish up the goodie bags for her slumber party tomorrow night. We have to finish up the goodie bags because the ones we started out with aren't enough now because someone kept adding to the original guest list.

Did I mention that I became ill at the beginning of the week, or that I've been watching my 11 month old grandson from 7 am to 6 pm all week, while trying to clean this house and do mounds of backed up laundry?

Like black storm clouds on the horizon are the phone calls from Only Son...he leaves for Afghanistan next weekend and we can no longer pretend that it's not happening, now our discussions are serious, ie in the event of his death what church he wants his funeral Mass at, where he wants to be buried. Sometimes the calls are trips down memory lane, at any rate they are coming more frequent with a sense of urgency. And still life goes on... the baby cries, the laundry piles up, meals need cooked and cleaned up after, birthday girls are needy, colds demand attention, slumber parties need planned and chaperoned, and the house work never ends.

This week I've been hugging that surf board very tight, next week I'm sure that I'll leave my handprints on it.

No comments: