Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Slumber Party

The slumber party was a success. I asked the parents to drop their children off at 4 PM so that we could make it to the theatre by 4:30. I thought that it was very brave of me to take 5 "10ish" little girls to the movies by myself! We made it through the ticket line and then concessions with just 5 minutes before show time. Our movie was showing in Theatre 9 (read up 5 flights of stairs!) and Youngest Child is afraid of elevators, so we had to RUN up those stairs to make it on time...it was 5 minutes later before I could talk w/o gasping.

The movie was good, we saw Race to Witch Mountain...think violent sci fi comic book adventure with The Rock. It was "clean violence", lots of non gory explosions, the girls liked it. And the Rock makes nice eye candy. Something for everyone :)

After the movie we went to Maggie Moos for ice cream, everyone liked that! Then we went home for presents, dinner, and birthday cake.

Close to midnight everyone put on their pjs and spread out their sleeping bags. I set out the bowls of snacks and cans of soda, then I went upstairs to bed.

To make a long story short those girls were still raising the roof at 3:30 AM. In retrospect I know why...I had let Youngest Child choose the soda and she had chosen Mountain Dew, an entire case of it. Those girls couldn't have slept even if I'd rocked them to sleep and used big rocks.

Three of the girls were being picked up early Sunday morning because their parents were taking them to church. My favorite part of the slumber party was waking these children up who'd only been asleep for about 90 minutes...yes I have a mean streak in me, especially when I haven't had any sleep.

No comments: